Thursday 2 October 2008

Ironiks new album reviewed by bashy!!!!


********BASHVIEW OF IRONIKS NEW ALBUM*********

Bash!!!! i couldnt agree more but you say its best!!!!!

Taken From Bashys Blog

Right what I am about to say is very truthful. I am very honest when it comes to this kinda stuff; if I think its good I’ll say its good, If I think its shit, I’ll say it’s shit! As I am also an artist I don’t want anyone to think that I’m hating on this guy cos away from the music he’s a cool brudda but I’m judging the album & this album is poor, very poor!

I was actually hoping I’d be suprised but Ironik has failed to do that & not just him but his A&R has not delivered a well rounded product!

I was half asleep listening to it & then had to wake myself up, start it again n make sure my ears wern’t decieving me.

I am very shocked at the fact his A&R has released an album with 18 tracks all about Ironik loving, falling for or missing a girl! (Excluding one which is about his mum, which is the only track I won’t really take apart because of the subject matter, but I will say this, he should have made more of an effort on it; when I make a tracks for my mum there is no room for errors of half-heartedness)

There is no depth in this album whatsoever. I think albums should take the listener on a journey but this does no such thing, instead it stays on the same page from beginning to end. The lyrics are terrible & he finds himself not rhyming at times, on top of that using the same word to rhyme is not really a rhyme & anyone can do it! I can’t even be bothered to quote something!

Ironik doesn’t deserve talented features such as Ghetto, Chippy, Ny, Wiley & Stryder nor should they tarnish their perfected art which they have worked at for years. Bless Beats is a producer so giving people with a deal; material, pays so I understand his hustle.

Having Elton John on an album should mean you have crossed over & be in Westlife world ’Flying without Wings’. If Dizzee, Sway or myself had that feature we would be out of this world! But he fails to impress on this also!

R&B Albums don’t even have this many songs about love!

Maybe girls up & down the country will like but that is a MASSIVE maybe! I think every guy will think what I think.

It’s sad that labels choose to sign these kind of artists over an artist with depth & something to say (n i’m not talking just me here, there are many others).

One thing pissed me off today. Wretch phoned me & said he read in the paper that a journalist wrote Ironik’s track ‘Stay with Me’ was the biggest anti violence tune of the year….Get out of here, which fucking part!?

In a time when there is nuff shit going on in the streets & the world we don’t need albums like this!

I always support UK music but I feel like I’ve wasted a tenner! My hard earned bumbaclart £10! Pissed!

Oh yeah I do like one track on the album by Digga called Broken! The best track on it! (I think Ironik is presenting a new artist)


P.S T.I WANTS HIS STYLE BACK!!

No comments: