Wednesday 22 October 2008

Bashview !!! Wretch 32 - Wetrospective


Wretch is my bredrin so it’s a similar situation to Sway, if he delivers a shit album & I write about it could put a mad strain on our friendship & future working relationship!

Right…Imma just start of saying ‘THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE A FUCKING ALBUM!’ A complete work of art.

‘Welcome to my World’ is a perfect intro…he intricately explains where he’s at.

‘Wretchrospective feat (Vis)’ is Wretch in Super Swagger mode but I think he does these kinda track too easily & it doesn’t push him as an artist. I aint really feeling this track!! Vis Makes me laugh I swear.

‘Take This From Me (Feat Badness)’ - Is hard! This is when I thought WOW! Badness sounds beautiful on this, he has taken a laid back approach to the hook that works, he’s the best bashment sounding artist at the moment. When I heard this I was just hoping Wretch wouldn’t lose the momentum.

‘Me & You (Feat Haydon)’ is just sweet! It sounds nice…Girls will dig this one! Possible single I reckon! Haydon’s sounds tight, he gives it that authentic R&B hook cos I heard certain artists with a heavy track but the singer doesn’t do it any justice & just sound crap & cheapen the riddem…this is the complete opposite!

‘Chinese Whispers (Feat Scorcher & Chipmunk)’ With those three on a song…you already know! I like when artists collab for a reason, make it artistic & focus on a subject…I’m soooooooo glad Scorcher only spat the hook cos that added depth to the track it didn’t need a verse from him…sometimes less is more!’

‘Ina Di Ghetto (Feat Ghe double T O)’ Fire! Look out for the Hood video!

‘Pisces’ - Cool

‘Swaggerlicious (Feat Scorcher)’ I read something the other day about not making swagger tracks & how too many man are talking about it. Logan also said he aint really on them swagger kinda tracks & someone else I know said that the subject is boring….I Say fuck that!! If you got swagger talk about it…British mentality is always oppressive that’s why the yanks have stars & we don’t….because they believe it, talk about & live it so therefore they become it. Good track by the way!

‘Be Cool (Feat Wizzy Wow)’ All Imma say is this track made me wanna work with Wizzy Wow! Check me out in the video!

‘On Fire’ Nice…I think that cos this track is so good he didn’t need the ‘Wretchrospective’ track earlier…but thats just me.

‘Stop my Pen from Crying (Feat Darren)’ Scorcher should produce for more people man I swear imagine Giggs or Young Spray on one of his beats…fire alie? & So is this track.

‘All that I Need’ - ‘Nothing last Forever’ is my favourite Wretch track ask him how I go on when he performs it! This sounds like part two! So you should know what I think. It really sounds like he’s just talking

“…your like I can’t mummy, I was like you’re pushing it babe, your like it’s hard bubby, tears would fall on your face im like gwarn ’oney“

Wretch are you having another child?

‘Combination (Feat P.Nero & Caliber)’ Wretch putting on his mandem…

‘Remember the Titan’ - I think this should have been called ‘Wretrospective’…Real talk!

‘The End Scene’ - The way he’s flowing on this is on point…but I’ve listened to this track 5 times & I still don’t get it…Imma have to phone him to explain…or if you get it leave a comment & tell me the story!

This album is a needed cd in any hip hop fans collection! If this was out earlier & promoted right he would have been up for all the awards. Wretch demonstrates lyrical abilty & diverse content coupled with appropriate features & production. This is the level of album that should be coming out of our scene!

The only other bad thing I’ll say is…I went into HMV Oxford street asked for in & there wasn’t any visible on the shop floor & hardly any had been dropped off. I had to ask an assistant to find it & he only helped me thoroughly because he recognised me from my performance there last week. Wretch needs to give his distributor a ‘Slap’ cos that’s how you lose sales. If he doesn’t the album will not get the necessary exposure it 100% needs because it’s excellent.



Go & buy this.( Taken From Bashys Blog)

"OK..Maybe i goy a bit excited bout best uk album ever....but its deep and theres various songs that i really like...Pisces is my shit !!!! and im not even a pisces!!!
check out this weeks show to seee whats good.

No comments: